Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You're Not My Boss

A few years ago, I pulled that line on my sister. I don't know where it came from, or even what the context was, but we laughed for such a long time about it.

Lately, I've had issues with authority figures in my life.

Mostly it's this: who decided that 8:00 was an appropriate time for life to start? Why does my job have to start at this time? Why did school always start at this time? And WHO decided that 40 hours of work a week was necessary and essential to life? And when all this was decided by who ever this chump was, why didn't anyone oppose it and say "actually, sir, 40 hours is not going to work, nor is 8:00 going to allow the most productivity"?
The powers that be were probably all in this early morning meeting and the people that I identify with, were probably still sleeping or doing something better to do with their time, and the silly vote took place. Grr.

Deep down, I know this is a good thing, but I am also wanting a different job with less hours and maybe something that requires not so much sitting.

1 comment: