Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Phones

The first benefit of my parents being home:

I got to talk to my mom during lunch. I didn't have to worry about having enough minutes on my calling card, feedback or hoping that the call would even go through. Best thing ever! I haven't been able to do that for 3 years. I think I just found a new past time. I guess I didn't realize what I was missing out on. Sure, I'd call my sisters every once in a while, but there's something about talking to your mom whenever you want. Wow.

3 comments:

  1. I know how that feels... Ryan was out at sea on deployment and it was so difficult timing when he could call, how long he had to talk, if the connection was even decent... and there was always a line behind him of other sailors waiting for the phone... ugh and the expensive phone cards... yuck. It definitely makes you appreciate the ease of conversations that dont span the distances!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That must be WONDERFUL!! I can't imagine having to ration time talking to my mom. That's awesome! Welcome home TAYLORS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super exciting! I can't imagine not being able to call my mom whenever I wanted or worrying the call wouldn't go through. I'm sure it's great to have them home!

    ReplyDelete