Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sister Time

This last weekend, my sister Suzanne came to town to visit. She is a riot. As soon as we start talking, we do this stupid voice that lasts the entire time. We don't use it with anyone else. It just happens. I had a slight vision of us sitting around when we're older using this voice, and our children would be so confused with the oddity of it all.

She's my "therapist", so I took Friday afternoon off and had some therapy time. It was sleep therapy. We're getting old, and slept the entire afternoon!

I love that everything turns into a comedy fest and an adventure whenever she's around. And yes, she's my hero. That's probably why I look like her and sound like her. In fact, I do remember in the 3rd grade, we were supposed to dress like our hero. I wore her spandex shorts, sweatshirt and mickey mouse watch. I thought I was pretty cool, because she is cool.

She even made me lunch and paid for a lot of my food. She is so generous.

I firmly declare that everyone is a better person for having Suzanne in your life, even if it's just for a second, it will leave a positive lasting effect. :0)

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Your whole family is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! We learned it from your family :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Plus, she is really nice without making me feel like punching her, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post! I definitely agree! I love my sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, i didn't know you had this. I miss seeing your smiling face. Hopefully i'll see it at church over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met her once. All I can say is, sports bra.

    ReplyDelete