Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snuggie



Several years ago, this beauty was introduced to the world. It makes perfect sense. Who hasn't been cold while reading a book, but didn't want your entire arms to be freezing cold while holding the book? Or didn't want to put your arm out of the blanket to change the channel on the tv?

Well, this product speaks to me.

For my birthday, I got a snuggie. Brown. Then, a few weeks later, my friend John made me one - imagine that! A homemade snuggie! Today, at my work's gift exchange, I got a "Fuzzie Wuzzie." I was so excited...even though I really wanted that Belgian Waffle Maker. But how great is my life? I am now the proud owner of 3 snuggies! The newest version even has Velcro on the back AND 2 pockets!

I am a happy girl.

But I quickly want to be mad about something for a second. Originally, with this gift exchange, I had received the waffle maker. Then a co-worker wanted it for his wife, so on his turn he took my present, and I in turn took the "fuzzie wuzzie" from another co-worker.

My complaint is that I need household items. I just barely bought my first blender. My pots came from DI and I only have 2. I don't think it's entirely fair that just because I haven't been married yet, I have to establish my entire household all on my own. I don't think it's fair that 18 year old girls get every appliance handed to them, and I have to budget in when I get my next appliance so I can function as an "adult." Is it okay for me to go register at Target?

That's all. It's just a bit annoying. That's all. And I really don't need anything for my kitchen...I'd feel compelled to have to make food.

Maybe if I collected men instead of snuggies I wouldn't have this problem :0)

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Snuggies don't mind being part of a collection. I don't think it's as easy to get more than one man to belong to you at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you registered at Target, I'd totally buy you something from the registry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about furnishing an apartment without getting married! It's really expensive. I felt that way when I moved into my first apartment where somebody hadn't been living forever so they had all that stuff. So frustrating! I would've been upset about not getting the Belgian waffle maker too.

    ReplyDelete