Monday, July 9, 2012

Clothing

First off, I bought a new pair of shoes.  But it's like I got 2 for 1.  I can't consistently tell what color they are. Sometimes they look black, sometimes they look brown.  Fantastic!  But also annoying.

One of the new shirts I bought has been begging me to wear it.  I have almost worn it several times, but decided that I would wait for the 4th of July.  It's important to wear a cute outfit on this holiday, as with any holiday.  On July 2, I was looking at it hanging in my closet.  Admiringly, of course.  I noticed the tag.  "Julie's Closet."  What are the chances?  How precious.  It was meant to be.  Then I noticed a little extra print: MATERNITY.  What!?!?!?  I totally tried on a maternity shirt AND bought it!  I could not stop laughing.  Mentally, I tried to shirk the meaning.  It looked fine in the dressing room.

My mom does have an interesting observation though:  clothes for pregnant women accentuate the belly.  Clothes meant to hide the belly aren't found in the regular clothing sections.  Guess I found that out...and bought the maternity shirt.

3 comments:

  1. I did this once when I was in high school. I brought this purple dress off of a clearance rack. It was pretty cute and flowed. Then my mom pointed out the maternity tag and I bought it any way. It was one of my favorite dresses in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pregnant with awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this so much!! Wear that sucker with pride!

    ReplyDelete