Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sexual Harassment

At my work, I gave them my 2 week notice.  And this was right before my new manager left for Iran for holiday.  She came back and got nervous that I only had 4 days left of work.  So yesterday, they hired Seth to come in. 

A lot of cologne and a few hours later, he asked about smoke breaks.  Clearly I don't smoke, so I go to ask my manager and she says we don't have smoke breaks.  A little while later, she lets us know that it's okay, but please don't smoke where anyone can see you.  Cool.  But he didn't take a break and you could see him get so nervous and agitated.  It wasn't until a commercial was on the tv playing "yankee doodle" in a very flute-like manner, that this agitation exploded.  "What is that sound!?!?!?"  Wow.  I stepped back and explained to him the tv.  Wow.

Before I left for lunch, I was informed that he wasn't going to be asked to come back.

Why?  Because he's a smoker?

Nope, the boss wants a female to answer the phone.

Really?

Yep.  That happened.
Just another reason I am glad to be leaving this job.

Oh, and the replacement we got today...it's his sister. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! Oh man, that is a funny story! How do you have the most interesting things happen to you Julie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the world of the retired. :)

    ReplyDelete