Thursday, November 1, 2012

Story #2

Well, we luckily have moved on to the next story of this season of online dating.

This guy was super cute in his first email that he sent to me.  Next email, he cuts right to the point and says "would you like to get to know me better?"  Uh, I guess so, that's why we're on here, right?  So I send him back a big ol' email with lots of information gladly given about myself and asked him several questions.  And how does he respond? 

Here's my number.
Texting is a better way to communicate

First:  I appreciate his boldness
Second:  Validate my information I just shared with you, and answer me.

So I didn't respond.
He manned up and answered my questions and jumped through my hoop.

Yesterday he texts me.  It was a simple, easy conversation about stuff.
This morning, 730, he texts me:               Oh, and spelling has not been modernized.  H = him, M = me

H:  So if you were in an ideal situation how many kids do you think you would wand
H:  By the way i am up late and up early
8:48  M:  Wow...quite the question for so early in the morning.  2 of my friends are pregnant right now, and hearing the stories of pregnancy...no children.  haha.  I would just be honored to be a mom.  I can't say a number.
8:50  H:  More than one ?
8:50  H:  No work today ?
8:51  H:  I forget are you 31
8:54  M:  More than one would be great.  Working today. And I'm only 29.
8:55  H:  Am i too intense for you
8:58  H:  only 29 very young .. Getting a lot of 40 and 50 year old guys sending messages ?
8:59  M: Too intense? Just quicker with questions than most.
9:01  H:  I like questions.  Asking and getting asked questions .. I can tell more about a person by what they ask than how they answer a question .
9:02  H:  And yes i can be rapid fire .. I bring high energy to an environment . Not loud just high energy
9:03  H:  My talent from my father in heaven is being a dad .. I was born a natural at it
9:37  H:  Are you smiling at any me this
9:40  H:  Any of this i ment .. Ok ill be calm its just boring .. I do not own a tv . I rarely watch movies . Any time you would like to stop talking with me just
9:40  H:  say or ill just keep going
9:41  H:  Never mind a wont be calm
9:48  H:  My brother just told me i need to compliment you more. What do you think ?
12:31  H:  Hello i little too much huh
12:32  H:  Do you have lunch the same time every day
12:36  H:  I like to push buttons when i first get to know people see how they react
1:17  M:  Wow.  You sent a lot of texts. Less is sometimes more. And pushing buttons isn't awesome :0) And I take lunch whenever it works out.
1:19  H:  Cool .. Ill leave you alone now . Thanks for your time-honoured
1:20  H:  Ha ha time .. Phone added that . You are now deleted
1:36  M:  Wow.  That was fast.  Ok.  Take care.
1:38  H:  I am fast but we wont work .. I am looking for a wife .. You take care too

Ultimate speed dating relationship. 
It was exhausting.  I'm glad I got to come along with him for the relationship.
And what exactly about this conversation let him know that we won't work out, and also that I'm not wife material?  Not replying to messages quickly enough?  Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Well a certain roommate of mine has been in the world of online dating for about a month or so and this seems to be pretty typical. It seems like every day I'm hearing about a new someone. I feel like the world of online dating takes out the fun. Who really wants to date over text messages anyway? People say things they would never say in person. Would this guy really go up to a girl in a room and have this conversation you just posted? I think not. Although I did have a guy once try to date me that seemed kind of like this one. He liked to say things just to see how I would react. How are you supposed to know how a person really is if they are just saying things all the time to get a reaction out of you. I think that is just a cover for I'm really weird so I make up lame excuses as to why I'm not interested in you. Sorry that was kind of long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read that he likes to push buttons, I thought of someone you dated once before who liked to push buttons for fun...and I thought to myself, "No way. Run." Then, the story got worse. Who are these people? The SFAR's - Single. For. A. Reason. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...wow...I'm exhausted just reading this...Crazy world. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you really dodged a bullet. My guess on him? I'd say he had a whole relationship evolve with only himself present, and by the time you checked your phone again, he'd already progressed to the break-up phase. Also, with crazy like that, I hope he doesn't raise children.

    I'm sorry to be laughing at an unfortunate situation, but this really made me chuckle. I had a similar online-dating experience once. Come to think of it, that was my last experience with online dating. We did actually go on one date (which was a nightmare), and the next day he texted me that I was not "the one for him" and that he "needed a partner but [I was] too interested in being the boss." My guess on that guy was that he didn't actually want to put in the effort it took to have a relationship (based on the lack of effort he put into interacting during the date), but he felt the pressure to keep up the pretense of trying. I suspect that is the case with a lot of people you'll find on those sites (to be honest, I was one for awhile).

    I think internet dating is nerve wracking because you're pretty much letting any nutter with a computer into your sphere - be careful and don't ignore any signs or gut instincts. On the other hand, hang in there (dating in general if not the online type) - a good relationship is really great, though they are hard to find and a lot of work to maintain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete