Thursday, January 10, 2013

One Time

There was this one time I forgot I had a blog. 

My dear friend Mel said:  write

So here I am.  Writing on my blog.  I'm proud of myself.  But I do know that if I am on the computer while I'm catching up on episodes of "Parenthood" on hulu+, I won't cry my eyeballs out like I normally do.  It's a good distraction.

I don't even know where I left off.

But I will tell you about a lovely book I am in the middle of...The Book of Awesome.  I am in love with this book.  It is almost 400 pages of highlights of what makes life so awesome.  Hitting all green lights.  Being the first person to open the peanut butter.  Dangerous playground equipment.  Taking naps when you shouldn't be.  The other side of the pillow.  Giving high tens.  When these things happen, it's just...awesome.  Oh man.  I love this so much!  I can't stop thinking about it.  And the author is so funny.  Such a good writing style and I just find myself giggling. 

Here's my awesome moment the other day.  I just finished reading some of the book, and was so tired.  I had this small moment of horror, man, I have to read my scriptures before I can go to bed.  But wait...I read them before work this morning.  Awesome!  Going to bed with a clear conscience. 
Also, just walking through Target.  All the bright colors.  Envisioning a house decorated with it all.  Having a purpose for every item to justify having it all.  It just is a really happy feeling walking through it.  It's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing what you are told. AND...opening the Peanut Butter or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, first, is awesome.

    ReplyDelete