Thursday, August 12, 2010

Text From An Unknown Source



I know, this sounds like a typical Julie story already, right? It probably is, but it's more of a vent.

2 weeks ago, after accidentally texting an old boyfriend, whoops!, I deleted his number...just to make it easier on my brain that stops working more and more frequently.

Tuesday, I am sitting at work, actually doing work, when my phone starts to buzz...and buzz...and buzz. 5 text messages later, it stops. I open the messages and figure out that no name is associated with the number. What? Well, it is a huge message from an old boyfriend saying how sorry he was for the way he ended our relationship.

Oh, that's right, he just stopped talking to me. Yeah. My dating life actually does suck...a lot.

I am so curious as to how he finally got around to doing this "apologizing." It's been since JANUARY. Seems a little lengthy, right?

But the good news is that I'm not mad. Yes, a lot of the hurt feelings came back, but I'm happy to report that the atonement works and that my heart is healed. I'm glad that he's at a place where he can say something...even if it is via text. Thank goodness for restitution! I really do wish him well in life and that next time he breaks up with a girl, he doesn't wait so long to text her :0)

Meanwhile, I am not saving the number again.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. At least he finally manned up though. Let's hope they all do eventually and snatch you up for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right--"Text from an unknown source" is very typical of you.

    ReplyDelete