Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Recap

Although I don't have children, I feel like I still get to do a recap on Christmas. And because I don't have children, I get to do it as late as I want.

Nothing fancy happened, except I learned that my mom reads my blog. Hi Genie.
That being said, I got kitchen stuff for Christmas. Which was BEYOND generous because of my new favorite Christmas tradition of receiving money from my parents. I even got a waffle maker! And even though the present had Suzanne's name on it, I know it was for me.

Christmas time means sitting around watching movies to me. Luckily, we got one in on Saturday by 2:00. I was proud of the parents for jumping on board for that. Then I began a recent love affair with FRINGE. I spent the week after Christmas watching season 1, and have been working on season 2 for about a week now. It should be done by Sunday. Or Friday if I end up not doing anything...which is looking appealing. Joshua Jackson is a blessing of this last dispensation.

Every Christmas Eve the family gets together. This actually just means me, Bill, Genie and Suzanne, and whoever else might be at the house for the holiday. We have a nice meal - luckily it was funeral potatoes. My mom knows the way to my heart. The dimmed lights this year all made us really tired. We're getting old. Then we had family home evening. It's usually just a great time to discuss the Savior and the role He has played in our lives. I love the accountability that this event brings. I know my life has been deeply shaped by this. I admire my parents and my sister...and my family.

This Christmas had a little different flavor - I saw some old and dear friends. Normally when I go to Idaho, I am there to see my family, so I don't ever see anyone else...let alone the actual city of Idaho Falls. This year, a few of my friends from elementary school planned a little get together. It was so fun to see them and just hang out with them for a bit. They have been influential in my life. It makes me happy to see them and to know there's still a connection. On Sunday, I skipped Sunday School and caught up with another dear friend. That was fun. We grew up together and were roommates at college. I'm glad I have her, too. I guess it wasn't so bad interacting with people that weren't my family.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cannoli! Is it MY Fringe?! I just ordered season 2, even though I've seen all of them, and just caught up on season 3 about 10 days ago. I love this show so friggin' hard! And Joshua Jackson has a bum crack on his forehead. Other than that, fantastic;-)

    ReplyDelete