Friday, January 21, 2011

Sizzler

My parents LOVE the Sizzler. Maybe more than they love their children. After 3 years of not being able to eat at this fine establishment, they have not wasted time and eat there more frequently than before. They are honored guests there (65+).

Last night, Bill & Genie came into town. They wanted to take me to dinner. I suggested that we go somewhere besides Sizzler. When they came to pick me up, my mom told me that Bill and I got to figure out where we would be going ... i.e., he didn't like my suggestion.

As we're driving down the road, I give suggestions of places we could go, trying to sell every one of them with the nice perks of the restaurant. Bill hasn't really responded and then says, "We will be here again on Tuesday night, and we'd like to take you to dinner again. We could each have a night to choose where we eat." Is my dad negotiating with me? That's my role! I told him "how about you choose tonight then." "Sizzler it is!"

He wasn't ever willing to compromise. Classic Bill move.
It's going to be fun dealing with him when he's older.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! That is so awesome! What a tricky guy - now I see where you get your cunning wit from:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic! My mom loves that place, too! It must be an acquired taste. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents share the love. is it an idaho thing?
    your dad is smart.

    :)

    ps- how do you not love pickles?

    ReplyDelete