Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Green




I like to give myself challenges. I don't know why, mostly just to see if I can do it. And I don't really know where they come from. I decided to go without sugar for the month of December. I made it til December 23. Not too bad. Tried it again in February, didn't make it past the 15th. I don't think my heart was in it.
Then my sister noticed I have a lot of pink in my closet. So, I took the challenge upon myself to only wear blue for a week. Done.
Then I only wore pink on the week before Valentines, naturally.

I was in the middle of wearing everything in my closet (only 1 week left of clothes left!) when my co-worker challenged me to wear green all week. That's difficult. Turns out I only have 3 work worthy green tops. One of them being a jacket. Now, I would argue that green is one of my most favorite colors. So it's weird to me that I don't have enough green in my closet to make it a week. Luckily, I have a dress that has green leaves on it, ever so small, but there. This is kind of stressing me out. AND, I've had to double up on clothes that I've already worn once in my ongoing challenge. But I will succeed in this challenge.
I was telling this to my dad, and although he likes green, he does not like green shirts. I think that's totally interesting.
I don't know if I'm up for other challenges, but you can suggest something if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. Don't shave your legs for a month.
    Vegetarian for a month.
    Drink a gallon of water everyday for a week.
    Write a letter to someone every week for a month.
    Write thank you notes for everyone for a week.
    No bread for a week.
    Eat dessert first for a week.
    Do something that scares you everyday for a week.
    Sing in the shower at the top of your lungs for a week.
    Stand backwards in all elevators for a week.
    Sing your arguments for a week.
    Slap yourself anytime you say something negative for a week.
    Give high fives to homeless people for a month.
    Wear skirts for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call and chat with a different old friend every day for a week.
    Wear DI clothes every day for a week.
    Do your hair in different styles every day for 2 weeks.
    Use only public transportation for a week.
    Drink only water for a month.

    ReplyDelete