Thursday, November 10, 2011

Scary

Do you ever feel like you are slightly bombarded with things that scare you? I feel like I've had a huge helping of that lately. Granted, I've brought it all on myself, but still...

Today I did my first classroom observation. I was scared. I don't like feeling scared. I was talking to my friend, who even said I didn't sound happy. Usually, I just can't sleep at night because of anticipation and no problems waking up - a la Christmas morning. It was just worry that kept me up last night and kept me in my bed this morning. I didn't even want to face it. I don't know what it was, but I did it, and it was fine. Those little kids were so inquisitive as to who I was. They kept stealing looks. And just being in the school atmosphere, so rejuvenating. So I did it. I conquered that...for now.

And since I was feeling so great, I decided to conquer another fear - eating in a restaurant by myself. Yep, I pulled right in to IHOP and enjoyed some stuffed french toast. I may have felt more empowered by this action than anything I've done in a long time. I didn't even have to worry about eating faster than whoever I was with! And I got to read my book, and the waiter invited me to just take my time after he gave me my ticket. Talk about luxury! I think I just found a new hobby!

1 comment: