Saturday, November 12, 2011

Contacts

While I was completing my senior year at BYU-Idaho, my parents were advisers for a Singles Ward in Rexburg.

One day, I was in my mom's office and noticed something on her table. It was a 3 x 5 card with a lovely picture of me, while on my mission (this was post mission). And several pieces of information about me, including my phone number. I had my very own business card. I kind of freaked out and kindly asked my mom to not hand that out to any one.

By the end of that semester, my dad found a guy that he wanted to get to know me better. We'll call him Joe. Dad gave him my number and said "I want you to call my daughter and take her out." Pretty bold, right? I had to give my dad some credit, but it was still a little weird. The next semester started, and I was looking at the new ward list, and who was in my new ward? Joe. He was a pretty cute kid, and I figured it must be fate, and my future husband. Who was so excited when within 2 days of the new semester starting, I got a phone call from Joe?!?!?

"Hi, this is Joe."
"Oh, hi!"
"I was wondering if I could get your dad's number, I lost it."

OUCH.

I successfully avoided him for the rest of the semester. Although, we did become friends on facebook. I guess we overcame a lot together :0)

2 comments:

  1. haha, Julie, you never cease to make me laugh! Guys are SO clueless! Maybe your mom should've given him that card so he would understand how unbelievable awesome (in addition to your cuteness) that you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. Great comedic timing by the way. You're a natural, Teri.

    ReplyDelete