Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holiday Reads

A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens

I remember reading this in junior high and being so confused that the book was not followed "Mickey's Christmas Carol." It wasn't a fantastic read. But this year I decided to read it, and wow, it was a very fun read. Dickens is a funny guy. And the messages were quite poignant. I think I'll read it again.

Goose Girl, Shannon Hale

Fun little read about a princess who gets overthrown and fights her way back to the throne. It's a cute little love story and fun to read. This author has a fun twist on her books but writes wonderfully. And there's a little love story...who doesn't love that?

The 5 Love Languages, Brad Chapman

My sister had been talking to me about this book after a strange interaction with a boy. So it was a pleasant surprise to read this myself. I highly recommend it to everyone. This helped me determine a resolution...be aware of how others respond to love and do something about it. Love isn't about the self. It's so much about meeting the needs of others.

Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Haven't finished it yet, but am enjoying it. It's going to take a while to work through this one!

2 comments:

  1. I've read the first 2, and I have the 3rd one on my dresser as I write this! I loved A Christmas Carol...I just read it about a month ago, and he really is an awesome writer. I've also heard of Atlas Shrugged. I will have to check it out since we obviously have the same taste in books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Atlas Shrugged is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete