Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Perfect Crime

"Hi, this is Jeremy, your home teacher. We were wondering if we could come and visit you tomorrow."

Hmm, there are no Jeremy's in my ward...let me check the ward list. Nope. Maybe he didn't say Jeremy. Why did I erase the message already? I probably just misheard the message. But I haven't been home taught for several months, so good job home teacher for contacting me! I'll check with the EQP just to be sure.

Nope, there are no Jeremy's in the ward, and that number doesn't belong to anyone in the ward.

Oh great. This guy is going to show up at 4 and murder me. And no one will ever know who he is. I'll write my will just in case.

4:30 rolls around. No Jeremy. He calls. He's at my last house in Utah that I lived in. I guess he didn't want to murder me. And I technically got home taught.

"Homicide Teachers" is the new Deseret Book Thriller of a man posing as a home teacher and killing unsuspecting families who are just excited to be getting home taught.

Isn't that such a gruesome idea?!?! But it would be the perfect crime! Maybe I need to stop watching and reading mysteries. It's starting to affect my thoughts. And I really did think I was going to get murdered today. My life has been preserved.

5 comments:

  1. Way to be Jeremy! Either your records are still in Salt Lake (are they still in Salt Lake?) or he's had your name for home teaching since before you moved and is just now getting around to making those calls.

    P.S. Homicide Teachers: This last week of the month might be your last week ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT! must write that book. you must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for your safety and for your caution in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that book. Write it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete