Thursday, February 23, 2012

Picture from a few years ago. Trust falls into the love sack.

Sometimes I just have a few things on my mind and I need to do something about it.

1) flighty people frustrate me, and I hate even more when I fall into this category. I caused some drama today for The Fantastic 12 who are running ragnar tomorrow. I was supposed to drive, and then I was a co-driver, and then I bailed. Makes me feel bad, but not enough to stay driving. So I feel bad, but there's nothing I can do. So, I'll make sure I do my homework tomorrow as penance.

2) so excited for my nephew Jordan to be getting married. It's kind of soon - April 6 - but I am thrilled. What has made me feel odd about it all is that starting in April, great-aunthood is 9 months away. Don't know how I feel about that. I will be 29 when that happens, and I think that's too soon. Working through those feelings. Maybe if I had grey hair...

3) Spirit Airlines has a really cheap flight from PHX to Las Vegas. Incredible. Cheaper than a tank of gas.

4) am I a bad loser? Someone said that to me the other day, and when I asked for details, the person failed to give me any information. Which makes me wonder if she's afraid of me. Which makes me feel bad.

5) there is the prettiest tree outside the Mesa Temple. Today I went before it was dark and got some pictures. Beautiful. I love that it is so warm here.

6) kind of bummed about my grandma. She isn't doing very well. I'll call her in the morning.

7) 1 Nephi 8:24-25 "...and they did press forward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the rod of iron, even until they did come forth and partake of the fruit of the tree. And after they had partaken of the fruit of the tree they did cast their eyes about as if they were ashamed." The first verse is always quoted with fervor in church, that we need to be clinging to the word of God. But I don't like that in the next verse it tells what happens to those people that clung...they were ashamed of the fruit. How should we be holding on to the rod? Verse 30 "press their way forward, continually holding fast to the rod of iron, until they came forth and fell down and partook of the fruit of the tree." Sometimes it feels like I'm clinging, just barely holding on. I hope I will continually hold fast to the rod.

Okay, that's enough of my thoughts. Thanks for humoring me.

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. I think about you. That is a good thought too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things are rough lately! Keep your chin up, Schmaguli! You are loved! By me. And pretty much everyone you meet.

    Also, I tagged you in this game.
    http://www.searchfortheresolution.com/

    ReplyDelete