Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wisdom

I've heard it said (3 points if you have Wicked stuck in your head) that if unless you can explain something to a child, you don't understand it well enough.

After having a few conversations this past weekend with my nephew, I am not very smart.

"Julie, why do girls put on make-up?"
How do I answer that without us sounding vain?
You can't. Unless you use the word "enhance."

Series of questions about driving:
Why does that stop light have 5 dots and the other one only has 3? (I took a little editing license on this one to make the question more understandable)
Why do we have to turn?
Why do ambulances get to speed?

Why don't you stay here?

Why did that pig build a house out of sticks? They aren't very strong.

But I can answer this one:
Will you teach me how to drive?
Of course! and I have already let him drive. He was barely 3, but he's quite the good driver.

And be careful, Disney movies always bring up unanswerable questions.
From Tangled, the mean lady falls out of the tower. "Why did she become a ball?"

He's the smart one - he couldn't remember the color of my car, but quickly said he'll see it when he comes to swim in my swimming pool. Don't know when we talked about that feature of my home last, but it's been a few months. Why sweat not remembering a fact when you remember that someone has a swimming pool? Networking. Well played Kid.

1 comment: