Thursday, May 31, 2012

A knife little story

Last weekend, one of my favorite people came to visit me.  Okay, she really came for a wedding, but I got to pick her up from the airport.  We will call her Ginger.  She really is one of the best people I know, and she thinks I'm funny and great, so naturally, I think the same of her...but it's legitimate.  Plus, she makes me do and say silly things that I don't normally say.  It's a good relationship.

We hit up the local flea market.  This place is HUGE!  We looked around for such a long time, enjoying the fancy t-shirts, belt buckles, head scratchers, and various Arizona paraphernalia.  We ended up at a cooking show.  It was perfect timing, because the demonstrator was just getting ready to let us taste the food.  We somehow became friends with the demonstrator and enjoyed some good bantering.  Then came the raffle.  I got to pick one of the numbers, and I picked Ginger's number!!  It was a fancy bread knife.  I was jealous.  Luckily, she regifted it to me!  How about that?!?!!?  It's actions like this that determine best friend status.  That, and TSA doesn't allow knives.

So, if you need bread cut, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. What if I need cheese cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Bell, Jake.
    Julie - I love a good knife! One of those things you don't fully appreciate until adulthood (I was going to say "maturity," but sometimes I feel a little less than).

    ReplyDelete