Monday, April 29, 2013

Pitch Green






  My friend Eric handed this lovely little book over to me a few weeks ago.  Pitch Green is written by the Brothers Washburn.  His dad is one of those brothers.  Truthfully, I went into it with a super low expectation.  But I was enthralled with the book.  I've debated writing anything about this, mostly because if you recommend something, then expectations go up, and then someone is left judging you.  But, as I've thought about it more and more, I really do like this book.  I legitimately got scared by it.  Which honestly never happens.  And the story line was cute.  There was some predictability, but a fun twist on a hometown mystery.  I approve of it and recommend it to everyone.  Read it.  Plus, there are a few more books coming in this series.  Should be quite intriguing. 

Oh, and here's a quick recap of the book :0)  Small town where small children and small animals disappear.  This has been going on for years, and when the FBI finally gets alerted to the problem, 2 best friends use this exposure of information to satisfy a vendetta for a missing brother.  The mystery gets uncovered at the risk of their lives, several times, and a little Da Vinci code-esque solving.  And it ends with an obvious opening for part II. 

No comments:

Post a Comment