Monday, October 4, 2010

Chicago

Several months ago, I attended a huge speed dating event. Well, I chatted with a kid whose name is Chicago. I gave him my name tag with my phone number on it and left for the night. We texted a bit, scheduled to get together, but it never happened. I was actually quite relieved. He was WAY too friendly with what he thought about my looks. And I don't respond well to things like that.

Last Sunday, I got a text from him. I thought it was a blessing for my endeavor to be more obedient to the counsel of my Priesthood Leaders. He wanted to do something. Great! I forgot why I didn't really want to go out with him. I made mention to him that I was surprised he remembered who I was. He responded:

I remember your cute.

SERIOUSLY!?!?! Why do I have to attract the guys that have so sense of possession?
Why do I have to be so particular about grammatically correct texts?
(now I'm super paranoid about getting all my commas in, etc.)

But wait...here's the kicker:

Oh thanks for textin me back...Your fun... Would it be ok to get a pic of ya? :)

Let's just say that I wasn't heartbroken when he never texted me back later in the week once he "figured out" his schedule.

It was very grateful that he texted me and remembered me. It was a blessing for my endeavor to be obedient. Looks like I get to be a bit more proactive in getting those blessings :0)

4 comments: