Friday, February 18, 2011

Across the Cubicle...

I work in the land of cubicles. It's kind of fun. No privacy. But I can be a quiet person, so I'm not too concerned about it. And apparently the men that are the in cubicle next to me aren't either.

After being here for a few months, there are a few things I've noticed...

Every day at 2, one of the guys brushes his teeth
One guy is always talking on the phone. He's a cordial fellow, but I think if you met him in real life, you wouldn't match his voice to his body. Although, he is from Cincinnati, his wife is from South America, they have one son, he takes the bus to work every day from Orem, he's debating if he should go to his 30 year high school reunion. I actually have never had a conversation with him. :0)
Someone farts.
Another guy wears cologne that makes me choke. (he may have heard me complain about it to someone one day...whoops, I feel kind of bad about that one)
Obviously sheltered, one of them bought an x-box that had a strange 6-pointed leaf on it. Hmm. Maybe it's maple?
They act so tough when they mumble swear words.

I see them all everyday, yet some of them pretend like they have zero recognition as to who I am. I feel like I know them all so well. I guess I pick up on a lot while I'm listening to their never quiet conversations.
So, beware what you say...nothing is ever safe :0) Do I sound like the biggest lurker ever? ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. No way because where cubicles are concerned, pretty much anything is fair game, whispered or spoken aloud. And in an office environment, you should just expect for your convos to be overheard because most likely they will be. It's just awkward when someone eavesdropping on your convo joins in without invitation. . . a lot! That's an awkward situation in my cubicle land that I haven't quite figured out how to deal with yet. One day perhaps I'll get the courage.

    But the point of all this is that cubicles are funny places, and I don't think people who haven't experienced them can quite appreciate just what it's like.

    ReplyDelete