Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Musings

So last week, it apparently was so freezing cold in Salt Lake.
I called my dad. What's the temperature in Idaho? Oh, it's about 7 degrees right now.
Then I talked to my sister in Colorado. -20? Brr.
Then I talked to my sister in Ohio. Oh, her power and heat went off for 20 hours.

I got nothing on that.
Life is so much about perspective. Life can seem really hard, until you hear someone else's story and then it seems like your life is walk in the park. No hills.

I'm reading a book "Divine Signatures." Very good. Thanks parents for lending it to me. The author, Elder Lund, talked about the paradox that is life. Men are that they might have joy. Yet, in sorrow though shalt conceive...etc. We're supposed to be happy, yet, we're supposed to have a hard time. That seems natural and logical, right? In Isaiah, it says our ways are not his ways. I'm intrigued by this. According to a lady cited in his book, people didn't start saying "have a nice day" until the 1970s. We weren't expected to have good days, and now we feel like we are entitled to them. And yes, it's all about perspective, but we get to go along the path of life, having dips and roadblocks and hardships all along the way...until we make it to eternal life.

Is there a moral to all of this? I don't know. Just something that is going on in my head. Trying to figure a few things out. But I do know that all these things shall be for our good. Don't compare yourself to others. Enjoy your journey. But sometimes realize that it's not so bad. These things make up our experiences. Our personal pathway to get to know who God is, and see His hand...his signature...proof that he's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment