Thursday, April 7, 2011

day at the show

Yesterday, I skipped out on work a little early and headed to the movie theater to see "The King's Speech." It was just re-released with fewer swear words, putting it in the PG-13 realm. Thank you movie people.

Since it was a matinee, I got a great deal...but then went ahead and spent my life savings on junior mints and a diet coke. Ridiculous.

The movie was so very good, but one of the highlights was the company who we watched it with. Me and my friend were the youngest, in our 20s. Everyone else was in their 50s-90s. Only 10 of us total in the theater, we luckily all sat right next to each other.

I don't think I've ever heard so many questions , or side conversations at a movie theater. They were loud. At one point, I was giggling about something, and the guy in front of me turned around and asked I was laughing because of ... And I said yes. Which then made me laugh harder. I didn't know I needed to tell others why I was laughing. It was a nice interacting time with everyone. And yes, everyone can hear you :0)

Odd group of theater goers. Really good show.

2 comments:

  1. I have been in THAT theater!!! I'm afraid the time that I might be contributing to the nuances of THAT theater are not far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It is 100% exactly what happened when we went to see the same movie. What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete