Friday, April 1, 2011

New Address

Well, my year of independently living has come to an end. No more keeping the bathroom door open upon every visit. No more knowing that all the dishes are mine. No more constant talking to myself. No more quite so many candid moments. No more leaving all my stuff out. As I was sitting in my apartment while cleaning and packing, I was just contemplating how it's been to live by myself. It's been so much fun. That apartment was a fun, good little place for me. And as I sat there, all tender feeling - the neighbors turned on their water. They have the loudest water, and I really can't hear anything whenever they turn it on. And I think they might bottle water up there. It's always on! The moment passed, and I am so glad to be getting out of that apartment. Then, as I was going to sleep, at 1:00, their stupid dogs start running around the apartment and it sounds like mosh pit. I got angry. Definitely not going to miss this place. THEN, my sweet friend came to help me clean and made me feel sad for leaving. It's been fun running over to her house, and vice versa, and just having a fun friendship with her. I will miss this place. I will miss seeing the people that have made up this chapter of my life. I will miss the 10 minute commute and all the extra sleep I got. I will miss my yoga room. I will miss just being alone and having my own space. But, after having my apartment checkout, and having to pay for the dumbest things (including the little tin dishes on the stove), I vowed to never live in an apartment again. So, as a 28 year old, starting tomorrow, here's to the next chapter. Here's to the next adventure. Here's to maintaining relationships. Here's to blooming where I choose to be planted. Here's to sharing stuff again. And happy birthday to me :0)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear where you are going next....I hope it feels like adventure.....I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete