Friday, April 8, 2011

Pay-offs

The other day, I was on facebook chat...and something good happened! One of my dear friends from my mission sent me a message.

This lady is phenomenal and a rock star. I met her in Kentucky, and I loved that she always wore her sunglasses. Her husband wasn't a member, but she came every week to church with her adorable little kid. I left the area and a few months later, in a different area in Ohio, I see her again. She had moved to my area. It was like seeing a family member! So priceless. We would chat during church, and she'd make dinner for me and my companions. I just really got along well with her and was so blessed to get to serve in two different wards and interact with her.

When I got this message from her, I was beyond shocked. Her husband is getting baptized tomorrow! It still makes me cry! I am so happy. A series of events - from a member of the ward introducing him to someone that he was in the ward, reading President Bush's biography and his decision to quit drinking, to one bold missionary just asking him to get baptized. This guy is taking it on! I'm so happy! AND, the icing, is that this wonderful lady just went to the temple in December, and she has a firm belief that this is a direct blessing to her choice to obey what the Lord has asked. AND he'll be able to baptize their boy! She kept forgetting to tell me, and so I was so grateful for facebook chat :0) Turns out he always liked me and wanted me to know. Who doesn't like to hear that?

I am in love with missionary work and the feelings it brings to my life. It has blessed me deeply and I know it will continue to.

2 comments:

  1. pure joy. dont you love that feeling?
    congrats to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! This is such a good feeling!It just makes me smile from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete