Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Want to go to Tooele?

How's that for a line that you hope you never have to hear?
Mel and I were figuring out an adventure for the day when that came out. Sure, why not? So we went for a drive to Tooele.

A couple months ago, when I worked, my Tooele resident co-worker told me about a drive he took with his family to see the big copper mine. But he said it would have to be done in a 4 wheel drive. Not that I've ever had to prove to someone something, but I decided I could do it.

We found the road that led up to the Oquirrh Mountain Overlook. And up we went. It was such a beautiful drive. We even saw 2 deer. The mountain was soooo green and the water was gorgeous. And the little corolla made it up just fine. Interesting. We got out and did some hiking. When we got back to the car there was a cop. We chatted a bit, and then drove further and saw this:


Indcredible.

We passed a lovely Asian family driving a rented RV, were in awe at this:




And then passed another cop. Saw a chopper. Saw 2 more cops and a Fox 13 News vehicle. Passed another cop. A car stopped us to ask if we'd seen any law enforcement. We were going crazy trying to figure out what was going on and why we weren't being questioned, or at least asked to help with something. Finally, we made the KSL news guy tell us what was going on. Apparently a man had crashed his ATV and they were trying to find him. They still could've asked us some questions. We passed a few more officials, and then ended up in Herriman. I think.

Such a beautiful drive. So proud of that car for proving it's worth. Still a little buzzed about the hope of being questioned...

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment on this awhile ago, but where is the road that leads to the overlook?

    ReplyDelete