Sunday, August 14, 2011

2 More Books

Yep, I am just out of control. My foot is healing nicely though :0)

Left to Tell, Immaculee Ilibagiza

This is the story of a young woman who survived the Rwandan Holocaust and how her faith and trust in God truly carried her through it all. Incredible. She and a group of women, 8 total, were hidden in a small bathroom for 3 months. It is a miracle that they all survived. She tells about how she spent the time praying and meditating, and then learning the english language. The killing that happened in Rwanda - in the 90s - is gruesome. I can't believe so much hatred really does exist in humans...and that the mob mentality really does rule. This lady was blessed with great relationships that came back to bless her countless times, in the most perfectly timed ways.

The Book of Mormon, translated by Joseph Smith, Jr.

One of my most favorite books. I read it constantly. The book follows a family from Jerusalem to the Americas in 600 b.c. by the direction of God and is narrated by prophets for about 1000 years. The highlight of the book is when Jesus Christ comes to visit the people in America after his death and resurrection. At the end of the book, the last remaining prophet, Moroni, exhorts the reader to pray to know if the book is true. And it is. This is one of the fastest prayers I get answered. Every time. Without fail. I love the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Gospel that are taught so beautifully and with so much power. I always learn something while I read. It is the word of God. As is the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment