Monday, August 8, 2011

The Book Thief

By Markus Zusak

Such an interesting book. Wow. This one took me a while to read, not because of disinterest, but because of a crazy schedule. When I would finish a chapter, all I could think about was reading it more. But I finally finished it.

The premise of this book is about a girl in Germany during WWII in foster care, told from the viewpoint of the Grim Reaper. Obviously, it's fiction...but so intriguing. It seemed historically accurate. But it was just such a good story about love and interactions with others.

And yes, I cried several times.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this book! It is one of my favorites! Such a powerful story, although, fiction, of what people may have experienced. Definitely a different perspective on WW2 than others that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book as well and thought it was really good! It wasn't at all what I expected it to be, but a good read!

    ReplyDelete