Sunday, December 4, 2011

Carols

I absolutely love the music this time of year. It's so happy. And sometimes so still and quiet that you can't help but just sit in the glow of the Christmas lights and enjoy the Norah Jones feeling of serenity.

One song I can't stop thinking about is Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe." Love it. Listen to it. Thank me for introducing you.

Another song that is really hitting home for me this year is "O Little Town of Bethlehem." I know, Justin & Bethlehem hardly qualify as being in the same post together, but this is how Christmas is for me...I just love it all.

3rd verse of "O Little Town..."

How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv'n!
So God imparts to human hears
The blessings of his heav'n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him still,
The dear Christ enters in.

As I review my life this time of year, I always like to see what kind of effect Christ has had on it, and how I've come closer to Him. And these words are hitting how I'm feeling. His effect is silent, and it slowly changes me. I don't always notice it, and sometimes, if I don't give Him the attention He deserves, I miss out on so much. "Constant he is" (Where Can I Turn for Peace?) and I need to remember to listen to His spirit and not to the sound of the world so much.

Truly, the blessings that God gives to us seems very unfair. We are given this earth, immortality, forgiveness, eternal life. The things that are expected of me seem so miniscule compared to that, but it's enough for Him.

And the last 2 lines I love, if we will receive Him, He enters in. It is so poignant to me and reminds me of the role that I play in all this, in being able to shout "Joy to the World!" And He is dear to me.

http://lds.org/broadcasts/languages/christmas-devotional/2011/12?lang=eng
check this out. it was a beautiful broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment