Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nice Discovery

I recently began the interesting adventure of Bikram Yoga.  90 minutes of yoga in a 105 degree room.  Disgusting?  Perhaps.  But the nice treat for my first visit was the instructor, Nathan.  He was a tall, lean man of about 27.  When I came into the studio, he was behind the counter, so I was taken aback when he came around the corner and I saw the whole picture.  He was wearing nothing but the smallest pair of tan, velvet shorts that I have ever seen.  His beautiful ponytail cascading down his back.  Wow.  It was like meeting Tarzan, or at least the guy from "The World's Greatest Athlete." (which, is actually a very funny Disney movie).  Distracting.  I couldn't look at him.  At all.  He had quite the soothing voice throughout the exercising, but what made it so much sweeter, was in the final relaxation pose (laying on your back, hands open, feet open and just focusing on your breath), he sang a sweet lullaby to us.  I am only familiar with the song from the fantastic movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", another Disney classic.  I had the hardest time not laughing.  I didn't think anyone else knew this song, let alone use it to sing to a random group of people who are beyond sweaty messes. 

So, the discovery.  Upon looking up the words to the song for my brother, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaWZHPduKY&feature=related
A nice clip from the movie.  Which led me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6Tol70BjU&feature=related
Someone else singing it!  What?  Which led me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwlWmp64qpE&feature=related
This Stacey Kent lady is actually quite good.  I like her music.  It was a neat discovery. 

So thank you creepy yoga instructor in a small piece of fabric for singing a beautiful lullaby for me to mock so I could find this new singer.
I am excited for tomorrow's outfit!!

2 comments:

  1. I need to come to Phoenix simply to go to Yoga with you. WOW. I've always wanted to try Bikram and that would be the way to go! I am dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This story made me laugh. So great! I can only imagine how awkward that Yoga instructor was with the tiny piece of fabric for a cover.

    ReplyDelete