Friday, April 27, 2012

Overdue Book Review

I haven't stopped reading, I promise.  I've read a few books in the last little while, but I'm not sure which ones I haven't told you about.  Here are a few:


The Devil in the White City - fascinating.  The true story of the World's Fair in Chicago combined with a creepy guy who kills women.  It was a pretty good read, and the facts were fun.  Definitely interesting.
The Shell Seekers:  this was the large print book.  Which made me feel like the fastest reader ever.  Not the most exciting book.  Kind of depressing, actually.
Bossy Pants:  the autobiography of Tina Fey.  Which happens to be one of the funniest ladies ever.  Cute books.
Enna Burning:  The sequel book to "Goose Girl."  Cute book as well
Flipped:  Absolutely adorable.  It's a 2-sided book of teenage neighbors.  So fun to read.
Letters to my 16-year-old self:  Quick read, bun to read what some people would say to themselves after they've reached their success.  It was annoying at sometimes, but often the people wanted to tell themselves to be okay with who they are and develop better relationships with their families.
Scorpions for Breakfast:  As an Arizona resident, I now care about the immigration issues...right?  This is written by the governor, Jan Brewer.  She may have been a bit dramatic about what's going on with immigration, but there is definitely an issue right now.
Cinderella Ate My Daughter:  Interesting.  I agree with some of her points, and it's crazy to learn more about advertising and the way they've changed so much of our lives.
Ender's Game:  Fun little book that we had for book club.
Lovely Bones: still not sure how I feel about this one.
Tipping Point:  Always fun to read Malcolm Gladwell.  Another good book.  He focuses on what makes something a success or a failure. 
Blink:  And another by Malcolm Gladwell.  This one's about our thought processes, and how quickly they can happen.
Maisie Dobbs:  Recommendation from my Mom.  It was a cute book, not as much of a mystery as I was thinking it would be, but it was a good read.

There might be more, but this I think catches me up for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Man! You're a reading machine. I've been slacking lately. I blame whoever awarded the Newbery Medal to "The Story of Mankind". Also whoever invented Halo. :)

    ReplyDelete