Friday, June 22, 2012

Appealing

Every where we go, we leave a piece of ourselves.  I like that concept.  Our influence should be felt.  Whether that's good or bad, it happens.

Well, it just so happens, that I've been leaving a lot of myself everywhere lately.  I have been peeling, so bad.  It all happened on Memorial Day.  A group of us went to float the Salt River.  Now, I've floated many a body of water, so it came a surprise when there were roughly a million people on the river.  Shuttles were involved.  Payment was necessary.  And marshmallows were required. 

Arizonians don't mess around with their one body of water.  This is serious business. 
Party Islands are blown up and carried to the water entry point.  Beer is secured in coolers, and music is provided from water-proof containers.  All the tubes are tied together and cloth is secured on the tubes to prevent from burning.  Good call, that does hurt.

And we all floated down the 1.5 miles of river.  I actually have no idea how long it was, but it was a several hour adventure.  Oh, and the marshmallows.  You just throw them at fellow floaters.  Kind of disgusting.  And at one point, a piece of bread was stuck in my mostly deflated tube with me.  Ew. 

So, a lot of sun, no sunscreen, first real exposure to the sun for a while, gets Julie a wee bit fried.  Oh man.  It's been a really long time since this has happened.  So it was kind of fun. 

But secretly, and openly, I love it.  I love the end result of just peeling.  Disgusting?  Some of you may agree.  Others, feel the same way as me.  There is something satisfying about it.  There's probably some clinical word for it, or diagnosis for it. 

So I'm leaving my mark on this city.  Something fun to think about, eh?  :0)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie. Julie, Julie, Julie.
    When will you be mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you have some connection to the Slytherin clan, because you are somewhat like a snake. May I call you Draco?

    ReplyDelete