Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Challenge

I like to challenge myself to various things.
Usually I rock it, but oftentimes I learn that I have no will power.

Case 1: let's not eat sugar for the month of June.  With Sunday as a free day.  Made it through all of Sunday, and Monday until 5:30.  So I altered my personal proposal.  Just one treat a day.  Then, I decided that wouldn't really cut it.  So I said no pop.  That lasted for 1.5 weeks.  Noble.  Right?  And as I'm sipping on my Diet Coke, I'm not ashamed of myself.

Case 2: I found this diet thing on pinterest.  Love pinterest.  It was a 7 day challenge to lose 10 pounds.  Worth a shot, right?  Day one - only fruit.  Day two - only vegetables.  Day three - fruits and vegetables.  Day four - bananas and milk/yogurt.  Day five - fowl and tomatoes.  Day six - foul and vegetables.  Day seven - miracle soup.  Each day, I ate what I was supposed to, and then ate the wrong food late that night because I was so hungry.  The miracle soup...made it 4 days later, and it's all still sitting in the fridge.

Case 3:  here's a success story.  I decided to wear every single outfit in my closet.  Yesterday, I finished that challenge, and here I am, in a new outfit as a reward to myself.  I got a lot of questions about the sweaters I was wearing in 110 degree heat.  Luckily, the AC is so cold in my office, so I can handle the 3 minutes I might spend outside everyday in a sweater.

So ha!  I do have a little will power.

And what happens to the end of the plastic thing that you pull out with the tag on new clothes?  They always seem to disappear before I can retrieve them.  Makes me feel kind of sad for them.  Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I always try to hang on to the short end of the plastic things as I cut the tags off, otherwise, yeah, they're gone.

    ReplyDelete