Thursday, June 21, 2012

Book Entry

First off...it is really easy to start a new blog.  I start one every time I try to write a new post. 

Secondly, turns out I don't have much time to read books anymore.  Ultra sad.  Plus, I moved further away from the library, so the draw isn't there as much. 

But never fear, here are some books that I've recently read.

Immortal Series: City of Bones, City of Ash, City of Glass.  The first 3 books of the series.  It was a fun read.  Nothing too complex.  Vampires and Shadow Hunters.  A weird love story.  A few, actually.  The overthrow/struggle with the bad guy.  If you're looking for an easy read, this is it.  There are 2 more books in the series, but I just can't do it.  Kind of maxed out after a while with it.

A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.  Actually didn't finish this one.  It's still on my nightstand.  We read it for book club, and I just didn't get it finished.  Kind of an intriguing story.  A lot of made up words.  Which isn't a bad thing, but turns out I just don't really like alien kind of stuff.  Good to find out about myself.  The movie was kind of fun, but I did fall asleep.  No fault of the movie's...I always fall asleep.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  Another book club book.  It had pictures in it!  That was fun!  It's about a boy trying to discover his grandfather's past.  The pictures highlight the children he knew.  It was a fun book.  Since my parents will be in town next week for the actual meeting of the book club, they have the assignment to read it.  This makes me more excited.

The Night Circus.  I wanted to read this for book club, but got voted off.  It's about magicians in a competition where they don't really know the parameters of this competition.  But they create a pretty rockin' circus.  A few little love stories.  I was pretty intrigued the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment