Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Zupas

I don't get excited about too much, but Zupas is a restaurant that I go berserk for. There is just too much goodness going on.

I was discussing my love for this restaurant with my friend Marci, another huge fan of the establishment, and she enlightened me with a second restaurant in AZ opening up, and 50% off the bill promotion.  We made plans to go and partake.

We drove the 45 minutes there, complete with new tunes she burned for the drive, and found that the whole neighborhood was there.  We patiently waited in line, already knowing what we wanted without looking at the menu.  We found out that a drawing would be happening, every 15 minutes and the winner would get a $25 gift card.  I sized up the competition, judging, and knowing that I would beat all of them.  It's a drawing after all, there's a lot of skill involved. After ordering like the professionals we are, we filled out the form and got going on enjoying this delicious food.  Thai Peanut Chicken Salad and Tomato Basil Soup with orzo pasta.  Yum.

The time arrived for the drawing, and I may have said a little prayer, and they called my name!!  I yelled in happiness, Marci stood up and yelled in happiness, the entire restaurant went silent and stared at us and then I ran to claim my prize.  It was one of the happiest moments of my life.  They even took our picture.  We bragged to them about going to every single location, etc., and how it took us so long to get there.  And they gave us a mug with some soup to make.  Favorite customers?  I think so!

Then, they shared with us the best news of all.  They will be opening a location in the Dana Park Shopping Center.  Did I just hear angels start to sing again upon me recounting this?  If I could, I would live in Dana Park.  Barnes and Noble, Anthropology, Philosophy, Z Gallery, Sauce, Pei Wei, Costa Vida, plus the posh AJ's Grocery Store.  I could spend all day there, and I have.  And now to have a Zupas coming there!?!?  It's comparable to having a temple announced!  Bliss.  I really have found the promised land.

And I would like to give a shout-out to an awkward blind-date, who taught me that when entering drawings, to crumple the paper.  It's easier to grab and your likeliness of winning increases.  He also wanted to discuss what he would like to name his children on that date.  It was a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Julie you make me so happy! This is a great story, and I'm happy you shared, especially because, I, too, am a fan of Zupas. And where I currently live, there's two Zupas about 10 minutes away from me. I would've been Price is Right excited about a $25 gift card too. Glad Arizona is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete