Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another Addiction

I find it irrestible to say no to a vacation of some sort. In about the last year, I have been to 2 foreign countries (England & The Dominican Republic), 9 states (Hawaii, California, Idaho, Colorado, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York & Maine), have seen all 8 siblings and all 28 neices & nephews (I hope that's the right number). And I have loved every minute of it.

My latest adventure took me to Colorado to visit my sister Natalie and her family in their new house. It was so much fun. We just hung around, ate some good food, played the wii, shopped (Natalie is one of the best shoppers that I know of), and did a lot of gabbing. One of my highlights was when I was in the bathroom and I heard Lucy ask where I was. She found her way to the bathroom and then just talked to me for the time that I was in there. Every once in a while her fingers would come under the door, probably just to let me know that she was still there. It was the cutest things. The whole experience was quite enjoyable. And I felt honored that she just wanted to be with me, even though the door was shut.

And on the flight home, I pretty close to a gentleman who lost his chicken on the aisle. I have never been more grateful for coffee before in my life. It masked the smell quite nicely. But, Ew.

3 comments:

  1. Luuucckkky!!!

    Well except for the fingers under the door. I get enough of that at home.

    And the barf. Gross. However, I have been in his shoes before and it isn't much more fun in his seat. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. I love reading about my family and their comings and goings!!! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure. This little reminder will make me more vigilant about taking Dramamine before flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...um, I think YOU rock at shopping, Ms Personal Assistant Extraodinaire! Sure had fun with you!

    ReplyDelete