Monday, January 4, 2010

Harry Potter

So, we're going to quickly discuss what a nerd I am.

Picture it: New Year's Eve, Julie is heading to a party, slightly dragging her feet. She stays for hmm, about 15 minutes, then says, "I'm leaving." "What? Why?" "I want to read Harry Potter."

Truthfully.

Sadly, I fell asleep. But the stellar news is that I woke up early on January 1, and read all day long. Yes. I spent the entire day reading Harry Potter, intermingled with napping, of course. All of book one, The Sorcerer's Stone, and most of the second, The Chamber of Secrets. In bed by 10:00. Woke up, finished book 2 and moved on to book 3, The Prisoner of Azkaban. Finished at 11:00 p.m.

I am a nerd. But this is the way to celebrate the holiday. If I'm not going to be in the arms of a man at midnight, I'm going to have a book securely in my hands for the first 2 days of the year. I think that shows more quality.

It's not that I'm a Harry Potter lover. I've never finished the series. But for some reason, I really wanted to read the books. I'm nervous to start the 4th book, mostly because I know I'll completely shut out the world, again. Maybe not the best choice :0)

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. nerd! well, as long as you admit it! lol i love the books too! when you're done with the series we should have a movie marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you posted this on facebook, I was about ready to go beat on a bunch of guys, just because you WEREN'T in one of their arms. At least Harry was "man enough" to keep your attention.

    I love reading! But it's like you, I usually cut out the world when I get into a book. So I don't read as often as I would like to. Sometimes I hate being an adult and having responsibilities. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure if I believed you that night... I thought you may have had a secret lover or something... I mean, besides Mr. Potter.

    ReplyDelete