Sunday, September 25, 2011

Friends

I have started to say goodbye to people here in the Salt Lake area, and it's getting really sad. I'm getting really sentimental. I have really been blessed with phenomenal friends throughout my entire life.

A few weeks ago, I took the opportunity to drive to Boise to see some of my dearest friends. It was wonderful. Being with them just made me happy. These 2 particular ladies that I visited have been huge influencers in my life. One in high school, one in college. And I know my life wouldn't be the same without them. And even though it's been a lot of years without seeing them, I was transported to another tiem and place with them. Very fulfilling.

Yesterday, I said goodbye to a dear, close friend.



This was the second big purchase when I moved to Utah. Right behind a bed. I had wanted a bookshelf like this for years. Finally, I bought one, painted it, and used to it hold so many dear possessions. Isn't it the cutest thing ever? Taking everything down, and loading the shelf into the car was actually kind of sentimental. That bookshelf was a symbol of my life here. Something that belonged only to me. Now it's not mine. And I'm choosing to let it go. So I am fully responsible for what's happening.

Goodbye dear bookshelf friend. Thank you for the memories and making my room look so cute. For holding my books, and pictures, and junk. I'm glad you are in a good home (thanks to another dear friend for buying it from me).

No comments:

Post a Comment