Monday, September 19, 2011

Some More Books

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. Alan Bradley

I had nooooo idea what this book was going to be about, I figured it would be a lovey kind of story. Nope. It's a mystery. Figured out by an 11 year old. Kind of fun to read, and good writing. I am a sucker for the chapters that leave me hanging, and then I'll force another chapter to be read. This guy was classic with them. I wish I would've been this smart as an 11 year old. The author does a great job of pulling in masterfully the details of 1950 England. That was fun to read.

also...

What the Dog Saw. Malcom Gladwell

This book is a collection of essays about things seen from a different point of view. It was pretty entertaining. And it's odd how frequently the subjects he wrote about have come up in my everyday conversations. One of the fascinating subjects was "The Ketchup Conundrum." He focused on choices and how with some many things, we have so many choices. But when it comes to ketchup, there is only one flavor. And we like it like that. Very fun book. I'm excited to read his other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment