Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grown Up

A wee bit of time ago, I needed to get my car battery checked (okay, so it wouldn't start while at a gas station in Elko, NV - a little guilty pleasure I've always wanted to have happen). Since I was on a road trip to Yosemite with the sister, and we talked most of the drive, it wasn't until a week later that I realized I didn't have any radio stations programmed.

Great.

I have lived in Utah for 3 years, and have had the same stations programmed the whole time...which means that actually I didn't know any of the stations, let alone the numbers. So I went through and tried my best to reprogram.

Not the best job.

I find myself "seeking" and "scanning." I am grateful for those buttons. The other day, I happened across talk radio. And it was a good while before I realized that I was enjoying it. And now, my radio has been on it every day. 105.7. I memorized the number so I could get to it easier. What happened to me that all of a sudden talk radio is fun? Did I really just become that boring? It took no effort at all! That's scary. I was assuming it would be a slippery slope. But no! It just happened!

Now I have things to talk about that are happening in the real world. And I might actually be able to make an informed vote next presidential election.

And, how weird that a church paid their members the other day to teach them that it's only through God that we can trust to save us, spiritually and economically, not the government? AND! The guy that invented Doritos, died at 97. At the gravesite, the members of the family threw in chips, instead of flowers before the dirt came on.

Super useful stuff :0)

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Next you'll be wanting to watch nature documentaries. You ARE old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a KSL talk radio girl for well over a year now. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my I-touch because there is a radio APP where you can connect to any radio station in the world, yes even the only station in Antarctica. Anyway, for almost two years now I have listened to KSL talk radio, CNN newsroom, ESPN radio, and a mix of conservative and progressive talk radio shows.

    ReplyDelete