Monday, October 17, 2011

It Tis the Season!


Pumpkin. This word is EVERYWHERE. And I like it.

With the exception of carving pumpkins, I try to enjoy pumpkin anything all year long. But I really do love the smell of it cooking.

The other night, the new roommate got a craving to make cookies at around 10:30 p.m. (I think we'll get along JUST fine) She made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Oh, how I love them. She made a rockin' several dozen, and they were delicious. Warm, melted chocolate, with some cold milk. Yum.

Some of you may have heard of my love for these cookies with orange glaze. Wow. My last place of employment had these cookies every couple of days, and for 35 cents, bring it on! My favorite was to buy 1, and then let it sit in the sun while I enjoyed my lunch (either a hawaiian haystack, or a grilled cheese sandwich). This was enough to reheat the cookie and melt the chocolate.

One day, I was sitting outside enjoying my meal with a friend. The bench we were sitting on was part of a planter, so we were right next to flowers and such. We're eating away, chatting, and I notice a wee bit of movement. My cookie was getting snatched by a mouse!! Ruined my day. And creeped me out. I hate mice.

I refuse to ever let this happen again.

Funny thing, I felt like I had told this story on here before. Sorry if I have. But I noticed that I have used this title before. I like the title. It makes me laugh. And if anyone wants to send me cookies, or share a pumpkin recipe, that's fine.

2 comments: