Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Tree



I have never stepped foot in a tree lot. Sure, I've seen them, walked passed them at the grocery store, but there has never been any reason to go in. At home, we always had a nice fake tree. I remember one year mom putting a pine tree air freshener on the tree. That was fun. But the smell didn't mean much to me. I am here to confess that I'm growing up. I really do like the smell of real Christmas trees now.

My roommate was adamant about getting a real tree this year, so after work, we headed over to Cummings Trees & made the purchase. We had to take a picture next to it to see if we looked good with it. We did. It came home with us. We also took a bunch of boughs home with us. No one else wanted them. I think I may make that part for sure a practice for my future.

I also attended the Festival of Trees last night. It was fun. I think the ambiance would be increased greatly if they turned down the lights so you could see the magical Christmas lights. Maybe when I'm in charge.

Now I have a lovely Christmas tree next to my bedroom door, and I'm enjoying it. Ahhh. (that was me smelling) If only I wouldn't have opened my Christmas presents earlier this week, I'd have something to put under the tree :0)

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool! I used to work at that Christmas Tree lot back before my mission. They are awesome people that own it! Did you enjoy some peanuts by the diesel fuel fire??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all my pictures for Friday Fill-Ins at http://papertissue.tumblr.com/ It's rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long has this blog been going on?! I just assumed the comments on my blog from "julie" were from my sister in law.

    Did you really open up all your christmas presents? Shame on you. My mom practically calls me every day to make sure I "didn't peak" at Paisley's gifts.

    ReplyDelete