Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It Tis the Season

This is just a recap of Christmas. This was a great holiday. Many contributing factors need to be noted.

~ Idaho
~ Homemade ottoman
~ New baby, Logan, so perfect
~ Not going to Sunday School because some dear friends were back at the Osgood Ward
~ Fiesta Ole
~ Hong Kong Chinese - some things never change
~ RANDOM story about placenta, ew.
~ Grandma doing a little toast to the thought of our family drinking
~ Quoting Home Alone 2 with Bryce
~ Talking to some favorite people in Kenya...last Christmas without them!
~ Sitting by the fireplace
~ Games with the family
~ Analyzing with the family
~ Renewing the Circle of Trust
~ Potatoes & pot roast
~ Not stepping one foot into Wal*Mart
~ Seeing a friend from Kindergarten
~ Cheering at an Alumni Basketball game
~ "Sorry Guys"
~ Playing basketball with the nephews and wishing so bad that I had skill but being so proud that I actually scored several points
~ Bridger streaking
~ Reading all the love notes that were written for my sister by my family
~ Doing the traditional family home evening with the sister, brother & sister-in-law where we each shared an experience of coming closer to Christ, our goals for the next year of coming closer to Him, and bearing testimony of Him & His life. I realized I love Christmas Eve the best because of this experience. We've done it for years, and I am so grateful for it. It recommits me for the next year, reminds me to be better throughout the year, and gives me accountability at the end of the year. It also helps me realize my belief in Him as my Savior & Redeemer.

There are so many wonderful things that contribute to the Christmas season every year. I'm glad I get to experience them. That I get to share them with family & people that are near & dear to me. I hope that I remember the life of Christ more this year and that I can draw nearer to Him! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool! One of my favorite Christmas traditions was our "white stocking", which we hung on our tree. Every year we would write down a gift that we would give back to the Savior, and put it in the stocking, then checking on how we did the next year.

    We lost the white stocking, so now I have to write my gift somewhere else. But it's an awesome tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tis one of the best blogs on Christmas ever. Haha. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the list...a few things I'll ask for further explanation later on. You ROCK! Love you!

    ReplyDelete