Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Travelling Shirt

So there's this girl that has basically the same name as me. We'll call her Jan. We get along great. Probably because we have such similar names. Well, we have this problem. We like to shop together. And when we go shopping, we tend to find the same clothes. Or we'll make the same comment on an article of clothing. Like the stirrup pants at NY & Co. She saw them first, but didn't say anything, knowing that I would. Sure enough, when I walked passed the pants, I made some kind of comment. But really, I do love stirrup pants.

A few weeks ago, we were at ShopKo. It's actually a great place to shop because no one is ever there. The risk of seeing someone later with the same outfit is minimal. As we were looking, we both happened across this extremely cute shirt. We both grabbed one to try on and when we came out of our dressing rooms, it looked phenomenal on both of us. So, we bought one, joint custody. Back and forth it goes, from one to the other. This travelling shirt has been on some good dates, and has been around a lot of fun people. It is well worn.

Fast forward to our last shopping trip. We were at Forever 21. Just looking around, we happened across these shrugs. Yes. We both got one...different colors of course. Then, I found a coat. It was a white pea coat. I have been craving one of these since finding one for my sister in October. It was perfect. Well, there were some other colors. The blue one caught my friend's eye. She tried it on. Perfect. Needless to say, we now have matching shrugs & coats. So whether we share the item of clothing or just get the matching item, we have impeccable taste.

It is icing to the friendship cake.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of two of my friends in middle school who bought matching spandex bike shorts and would wear them every week on the same day. (Thursday?)

    And yes, they didn't wear anything over the top of them. And yes, they were (straight) guys. It was the early 90s okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Jan isn't your roommate. Having your roommate wear the same clothes as you is extra embarrassing. Just ask Jan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the same white coat I complimented you on? I agree that you have impeccable taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan just happens to be wearing one of those shrugs this very moment!

    ReplyDelete