Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wigs




Confession: I like wigs.
There is something so enjoyable about tucking your hair into a net that then allows beautiful sythetic hair to adorn your head. They just crack me up.

Well today, I get to work, and a co-worker informs me that the older paralegal has dyed her hair again. She has quite thin hair (her scalp is almost entirely exposed), and a few weeks ago, she went from almost white, to brown. Interesting. Oh, and she's 60. I was proud of her for taking that chance. So, knowing that she had dyed her hair again, I was beyond surprised when I saw her with a wig. What!?!? She's using some great volumizing shampoo! Apparently she wears it and calls herself Chrissy when she does. She doesn't keep it on a styrofoam head, just on a hanger in her bathroom, which no longer gives her a scare when she goes in there at night. And she might be buying another one. It will be white. But this wig is really full and is a lot darker than the her hair was yesterday. Who does that? Everytime she walks past my desk, I just giggle. In our meeting, she kept confessing different things about it. It's all too odd.

A lady that I knew in Cincinnati had quite the array of wigs. It was confusing for the first few times meeting her. Then, she showed us her collection. And yes, we tried them all on and took some great pictures.

I think I'm missing out on a lot of great experiences by not having a wig...a good wig, that cost more than $20 at the Halloween store. I think I might actually do some researching on the phenomenon of wigs, it's so intriguing.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, you crack me up! I love that picture of you! We should totally start a wig movement in the singles wards, make sundays a little more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, I was just looking at this and Jedd saw that picture of you and was like "Is that your aunt or something?" Hahahah. I laughed so hard, then showed him your cute profile picture. He proceeded to say "Ooooohhhh! She's young!" Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be Ms. Hannigan from Annie in that wig. The picture seriously disturbs me:-) And this lady sounds like a crackup - I wish I had fun stuff like that at work! All we have is a life-size creepy Santa mannequin up front. *shivers*

    ReplyDelete