Friday, December 18, 2009

Torn...

Another illness is upon me, and I'm torn...do I do my best to get better or just let it ride out. I ask this question because this illness has caused me to lose my voice. I LOVE losing my voice. I love the sound of lost voices, on anyone. I don't know why, but it just is kind of magical to me.

I find myself not fully clearing my throat, just to help keep the sound there, I don't want to upset the balance that has been created.

But yes, I do want to get better. It's no fun watching people pull away from you like you have just cursed their family, rather than just coughing in their proximity. So, I'll just keep drinking my hot cider and lemon & honey water and hope that the airplane I'm going on today doesn't increase the symptoms.

3 comments:

  1. I like it when people lose their voices too! Actually, just girls. For some bizarre reason I can't explain, I find it attractive.

    As per methods to get better (because being healthy is better than losing your voice) I just pretend I'm not sick as much as I can, and it seems to make the sickness go away faster. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smelly cat smelly cat what are they feeding you. I love you my babies!

    That was Phoebe from Friends if you didn't know. From the episode where she lost her voice and tried to get sick again to keep the sexy purr.

    Sure fire way to lose your voice? Take up yodeling. I promise it works and you can guess how I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had sexy phlegm, that's for sure. And I would never pull away from you, dear mgp. the end.

    ReplyDelete