Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pita Chips

I enjoy pita chips and humus. It's a delicious meal. Yes, it is a meal. Just like Chips & Salsa is a meal (which I had about 3 times this week)

To save money, I learned how to make pita chips. It's so reasonable. You buy the pita bread, rip it into pieces, place it on a cookie sheet, spray with PAM - Olive Oil, then put a little salt on it, and put it in the oven at 325 degrees for several minutes - 20? when the chips are hard and brown (not black). Then you dip!

My favorite humus right now is roaster red pepper. Yum.

And I do purchase pita chips occasionaly. I'm not that good at saving money. :0)

2 comments:

  1. in honor of you I purchased sweet roasted red pepper humas (I didn't mean to, it just looked the best!) and pita bread. i had it for lunch today and it was delicious. Thank you my dear friend Julie for reminding me of the Middle Eastern in me.

    ReplyDelete