Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Head is in May




Last week, I decided it was time to turn my calendar from January from February. Big step, I know. I don't understand why I always struggle to make that change, but I do. That was always my grandma's excuse for missing my birthday. Totally understandable as the years progress for me :0) Right after I pinned the calendar back into the wall, it fell down. Grr. So I pick it up and push a little harder with the pin. The next morning I happened to look at the calendar, it was May, not February. Whoops! Apparently the pictures looked a lot alike. I'm not blaming myself for anything, I'm just realizing that my head is in May.

I'm going to KENYA!!! Me and my oldest brother, Russ, are going to visit my parents. I am so excited. We've been trying to figure the details out for the last 2 weeks and yesterday the tickets were purchased. We even have a small layover in PARIS!! I keep getting closer and closer to touring that city. Russ is 17 years older than I am. I have never spent time with just him, it's always been with his kids or with his wife. What a treat for me! Oh, and getting to see my parents - yeah, it's going to be good. I haven't seen my parents in over 2 years, which is a really long time. I will probably help them pack a little, but hopefully give them one last hurrah before they come back to America.

I need to remember to keep my head here in February and take care of my running responsibilities - I get to run 4 miles tonight - and hope that the next 12 weeks really fly by :0)

5 comments:

  1. Run 4 miles? Indoor or out? I didn't know you were a runner.

    How fun to go see your parents. You are so fortunate to be able to travel like you do! I too am hoping the weeks fly by at least that would mean the snow would be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Kenya! I am very excited for you! :) I cannot wait to see the fun pictures and stories you will be sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my head is in june .. so i year ya. im so excited for you to see the rents! and i can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture with this post. You created magic with the sepia! Nice job! MAY the next few weeks MARCH by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, where have I been? You have a BLOG!! I have just had a wonderful time reading a bunch of posts. Too fun. How exciting that you get to see your parents. Are they really almost done in Kenya? You're going to have such a great time!

    ReplyDelete