Monday, March 22, 2010

Grown Up

I have grown up a lot since I bought that vacuum a few months ago.

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and made some kitchen purchases. All by myself. I didn't even call anyone to consult, I just bought what I wanted.

Oh, and it turns out I've been the free-loading roommate for almost 10 years. Whoops. How did I let that happen? My freshman year of college, I had ugly plates & cups and pots. And everyone else had cuter ones. And did we really need 6 sets of dishes? Nope. So I gladly put mine away, and I really have no idea where I put them. The next year, I may have contributed, but I think it was mostly cheap plastic stuff from the dollar store or wal*mart. As a missionary, I didn't need anything. Living in retirement at my parents home, Genie took care of it all. My Utah Chapter has left me with well established roommates who have everything. So I've had to purchase my womanhood in the last little bit. Luckily, my friend donated an old microwave, and another friend bought me my first crock-pot. I am so lucky and blessed to have such generosity in my life. Sure, it would be nice to register and send out announcements so others can help me set up shop, but right now I'm loving this nesting business.

So I apologize to all past roommates - all 28 of you (missionary companions or family not included) for not providing any kitchen ware. And thanks for letting me use your stuff to make my cookies and ramen noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment